Recommendations for Your Pet's After-hours Care
We are fortunate to have many options for after-hours veterinary care in the Columbus area, so we are providing the following for you to consider and our recommendations for your pet's care outside of our office hours.
Perimeter Veterinary Hospital Mobile Phone 614-441-6132
Talk to one of our doctors any time after hours if you have concerns that should not wait until office hours or if you need a consult on what level of care is needed for your pet and your options for that care. Please call or text our practice mobile phone at 614-441-6132 if you are unsure if your pet needs urgent care, or if your pet is experiencing discomfort from a skin infection, ear infection, or impacted anal glands. In some cases we may be able to see your pet or help you without an urgent visit. Please call us if you are considering a facility we have not specifically recommended.
A major medical center should be sought in cases where anesthesia or intensive care is likely to be needed, where experienced Emergency Veterinarians are at hand, and where Specialists are available with all necessary Diagnostic Medical Equipment and Treatment Modalities. Only the following centers offer this level of care:
The Ohio State University Veterinary Hospital
Ohio State Veterinary Medical Center at Dublin
Capital Referral Center
Take your pet to a recommended Major Medical Center if your pet:
· Has an illness or injury that may require anesthesia.
· Has experienced multiple episodes of vomiting or diarrhea especially if your pet is depressed or lethargic.
· Has been exposed to a toxin or has swallowed a foreign body.
· Is weak, depressed, lethargic or neurologic (uncoordinated, stumbling)
· Has persisting lameness where your pet is not bearing weight on the limb, is bleeding, or in pain.
· Has been hit by a car or has serious bite wounds.